The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation invests in and serves as a catalyst for ideas, partnerships, medical education, research, and programs that improve the health and quality of life in the Rio Grande Valley. The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation supports programs that promote healthy lifestyles and increase access to healthcare in Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr, or Willacy County. The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation in partnership with the Knapp Community Care Foundation has launched the region’s first nonprofit leadership cohort – Nonprofit Leaders for Excellence.
These leaders from organizations in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas are prioritizing developing their leadership skills to strengthen their organizations thanks to the generosity of the Knapp Community Care Foundation and The Valley Baptist Legacy Foundation. These leaders reflect what the Rio Grande Valley is all about: grit, perseverance, passion, love, strength, intelligence, and most importantly, commitment to the community. Our team is honored to have designed the curriculum for the inaugural Nonprofit Leaders for Excellence program, and since its launch in August 2022 through May 2023, we are providing space for each leader to challenge themselves, their organizations, their peers, and the sector to be stronger for the Rio Grande Valley community.
The inaugural Nonprofit Leaders for Excellence class includes:
- Ernest Espinoza, Executive Director, Children’s Bereavement Center of the Rio Grande Valley
- Victor Rivera, Executive Director, Loaves & Fishes of the Rio Grande Valley
- Moises Arjona, Collective Impact Director, Unidos Contra la Diabetes
- Lourdes Flores, Director, ARISE Adelante
- Lauro Garza, Senior Director, Special Olympics Texas – Rio Grande Valley Area
- Roxanne Pacheco, Executive Director, Hope Family Health Center
- Omar Rodriguez, Director of Grants & Government Relations, Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley
- Marisol Resendez, Executive Director, El Milagro Clinic
- Marisela Gonzalez, Executive Director, Aurora House Foundation
- Jackie Flores, Executive Director, Dentists Who Care
- Elias Ozuna, Chief Executive Officer, Open Hands Food Pantry
- Sandra De La Cruz-Yarrison, Executive Director, Holy Family Services